Tuesday, February 03, 2009 @ 8:10:00 PM
Hope
我想放弃,
我不够坚强。
我想我永远都做不到。
这段路虽然是好走,
但我挡不了风雨,
我的脚被我的鞋弄得好痛。
Why is it that hope, such a powerful word, is filled with such extreme emotions?
hope
noun, verb, hoped, hop⋅ing.
–noun
1. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best:
to give up hope.
2. a particular instance of this feeling:
the hope of winning.3. grounds for this feeling in a particular instance:
There is little or no hope of his recovery.
4. a person or thing in which expectations are centered:
The medicine was her last hope.
5. something that is hoped for:
Her forgiveness is my constant hope.
–verb (used with object)
6. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
7. to believe, desire, or trust:
I hope that my work will be satisfactory.
–verb (used without object)
8. to feel that something desired may happen:
We hope for an early spring.
9. Archaic. to place trust; rely (usually fol. by in).
—Idiom
10. hope against hope, to continue to hope, although the outlook does not warrant it:
We are hoping against hope for a change in her condition. **
I guess all these while I had the wrong definition of
hope. I believed it to be a word filled with anticipation, optimism, dreams. Actually hoping is just a relief from reality.
我真的不能。
Labels: 我想闭上双眼,永远不要感受这世界的伤痛
Newer Posts
Older Posts