Monday, October 25, 2010 @ 12:47:00 AM
Clay Time Yet Again
A few days ago I went on a sushi craze. I bet you thought I will forget this expensive hobby of mine! But as I was cleaning the dust of my old miniatures, I had this sudden impulse to craft again. Yay for me!
As I mentioned earlier, I was in a sushi craze. So I made different Makis.
They are rolled into rolls and then cut after being partially cured (baked). Some aren't cut very well, so I had to do a QC. Choose those that look nice or try to make them look better.

Japanese Cucumber Maki. I forgot what's it called in Japanese.

Tamago Maki

Salmon Maki and California Maki. The Salmon Maki is a little bigger than it's supposed to be. =(

After QC. Some are still a little ugly so I had to do some correction.

Being placed onto "plates". Some are without the wasabi and pink ginger, they were added on later.

My first attempt at Temaki! WOOHOO! Tempura's color is off, I shaded it after I took the photo.
Salmon Sashimi. I underestimated the amount of translucent for the "fats", hence the odd coloring. Damn. Will try this again.

My beloved Pandan Cake!!

On a
not so nice stand.

Red Velvet Cake with cranberry topping. Also my first attempt at doing "whipped cream". I kinda failed. The whipped cream blended in together too quickly. Psst, this was done by added corn flour! =|
DONUTS AGAIN!!

I added more to my previous donut collection. Some were done today, some were done on the sushi day and some were done weeks ago. Boy, these donuts look so cute!

Try guessing the flavors! =D
I made a bowl specially to contain my many donuts. They are so tiny. It took me half a day to do 15 of them. Made my neck and back all cranky.
Labels: Art, Peektures
Newer Posts
Older Posts