Friday, September 19, 2008 @ 11:09:00 PM
Perhaps imperfection is the better.
After a day of tidying my dirty room, I picked up a nectarine, which I have to say, was not the reddest of the lot. Still, to my surprise, the fruit had bruises. I contemplated picking up another, a less imperfect one.
But I changed my mind, thinking the taste might just surprise me.
The first bite led to an explosion of freshness in my mouth, followed by a hint of sweetness, and then a tinge of sour.
And as I neared the core, the delicate yellow flesh turned a deep brown. If you haven't eaten a nectarine before, it doesn't mean it's spoilt. The dark brown flesh surrounding the core looked rotten, it's just the way nectarines are.
I could have made the right decision.
But there's this invisible pull somewhere inside of me, telling me there might be a sweeter, fresher nectarine in the tray.
We never know, will we?
Labels: Misc
Newer Posts
Older Posts