Wednesday, December 10, 2008 @ 6:02:00 PM
Cupcakes? NAY.
I really like to torture myself, so I decided to make vanilla cupcakes today.
Started this tortourous work at 1pm, and I've only just ended. The cupcakes were alright, but tedious as I have only 1 muffin tray with 6 "holes". Imagine the amount of trips I have to do.
As said, the cupcakes were alright, except the first batch that was burnt.
Then came the horror of horrors! The icing. My virgin frosting experience. The recipe said, leave cupcake on tray to cool for 15 minutes before frosting. So I left it for 20-40 minutes. The frosting was too watery, so I added more icing sugar.
I started squeezing it out through the pipe, and tadah! Icing on my cupcake!
HORROR OF HORRORS!!! The frosting started to melt off the cupcake! Especially those that were warm.
DAMMIT. I scrapped them all off and added more icing sugar to "harden" the frosting.
HORROR OF ULTIMATE HORRORS. It still melted off. Damn. Just let it be.
My virgin cupcake with frosting.
Verdict:
FAILED.

In case any kind soul is wondering, my feet is aching like crazy and my temper is running wild. YAY!!
Labels: Food
Newer Posts
Older Posts