Sunday, April 26, 2009 @ 9:52:00 PM
Fucked Up
Friday was the last day of exams, and yesterday is the first day of work.
Okay, let me summarize in one line.
I got fired; on my first day.
YES. WTF.
It's a r.oadshow, at some atas place. So what I'm supposed to do is to assist at the r.egistration counter and be
her "a.ssistant". It all started off quite alright. Then towards the middle, it got worse. No, catastrophic.
First, she asked me to tear some paper. It's a kind of wristband, that you can tape onto your wrist. So 3 people started tearing then she realised, Oh! Waste of manpower.
"Give her all to do". That's not all. So I started tearing, and since there are more than enough people attending, and there weren't many customers, I didn't rush through it cause I didn't want to crumple the paper. I just looked up for a moment and stopped tearing, then I heard, "
can you do faster?"Second, I stood behind the relatively small booth. I didn't want to be standing half-in-half-out, so I stood fully in. She was using the laptop in the middle of the booth. She then said, "
stand there" *points about 20cm away*
Third, there's really nothing to do! I just stand there and stare, wait for people to come, paste the wristband on for them and give them a pre-printed name tag. They are all high post people btw. So when a customer comes, they swamp in and attend to them. Me, a first-day-er, and only a part-timer, how can I fight with them? Then I heard again something like, pack up the table, why don't you do what I tell you to do? I don't want to keep telling you what to do you know?
She's a fucking neat freak. It was just some tags here and there.
Okay this I cannot take it anymore. She told me to go for my lunch break, which is to "steal" the fingerfood at the show. I walked there, walked one round and went to the toilet to sit. I thought how unfair it was, to be blamed and scolded for something that is not entirely my fault. I admit I might have felt intimidated cause the customers are supposedly filthly rich and the people at the booth are of a high post. I wouldn't want to be an obstruction! Or worse, blamed for a mistake!
I couldn't help it, I broke down. I told myself, after this, go out, fake smile and be thick skin! I didn't. I took a deep breath and went out. When she asked "what's wrong?" I broke down again.
After calming myself, I returned to staring into space. At around 4pm, she told me nicely, "
tomorrow you don't have to come already. I need someone who is more customer orientated and more initiative. I know you don't have experience so I don't blame you. I usually interview people one week before, but I didn't have the time to. I feel very bad about this, sorry." Something along that line.
Whatever man. It's a torture to work under her.
Later in the day, when the booth was left with the two of us, I did my job. Now she said, "
you're getting the hang of it already, wanna work tomorrow?"
WTF BLOODY BITCH. GO TO HELL.
I just laughed and did my work.
When I was leaving, she asked again, if I wanted to continue working. "
So you can learn new things." She said. TAMADE.
I said I have something on already. (Which I spent the whole day rotting)
"How about next week?"
"Oh I have a few birthday parties on."
"I know my words may be a little harsh, but going out to the working world, it's like this. Okay, thanks for your help today, thanks a lot."
Wa words cannot describe what I'm feeling.
Do not say things that you might want to take back. Somethings are not meant to be rewinded.
P.S. I didn't eat lunch and dinner, and I stood for at least 10 hours.Labels: Angerism
Newer Posts
Older Posts