Saturday, January 12, 2008 @ 12:12:00 PM
Literature
I was a lonely literature student in my secondary school life. I detested attending that class as I would always end up sitting alone at a huge table while other literature mates were happily chatting away. Adding on to my grievances; I failed my first test with a grade of two upon twenty. My teacher was soon replaced as she went on maternity leave. My classmates were all saddened about the change, excluding me given that I hated the class from the beginning.
This teacher was different from the previous. She was naggy, spoke slowly and treated us like we were little kids. As believed, kids thought of themselves as adults. I was never an excellent student in Literature. I was just passing those test papers for the sake of not failing.
"I am confident that you will get at least a B" she announced to the class. I was awfully startled and I do not deny, swollen with pride with the confidence she laid upon me.
That little encouragement, with that mere amount of confidence, I gained much interest in Literature. With a few more friends in the class, I began to enjoy it, very much indeed.
To my surprise, I scored an A for my O level grades. My interest in Literature grew tremendously. I felt the adrenaline rush whenever I managed to put my thoughts into words. How the soft flow of words entwined my feelings, descriptions so delicate, yet harsh at the same moment.
For once in my life, I felt sure of I wanted to do. I wanted to write. I loved writing, to express what I thought, to cover my disability to speak, to illustrate myself.
For this, I thank Ms Rosaline Chan. Thank you for the encouragement, for having confidence in me. Thank you for helping me love Literature. Thank you, so much.
Newer Posts
Older Posts